Elementary Drop-Off/Pick-Up Procedures
Morning Drop-Off Procedures
- The main entrance will be unlocked at 7:30. All other doors will be locked and students will not be allowed to enter these doors.
- Students should not be dropped off before 7:30 unless they are going to Kids Clubhouse.
- The drop off loop in front of the school may be used to drop off a student.
- The drop off loop should NEVER be used for parking.
- Parents/Guardians may walk their child into the school at 7:30 but should use the parking across from the drop off loop or across the street. The lot next to the main entrance is for staff or school volunteers.
- Between 7:30 and 8:00:
- Students should not be waiting outside their classrooms, as the halls are not supervised.
- Students who would like breakfast, should walk to the multipurpose room. Families are welcome to wait with students in the multipurpose room.
- All K-3 grade students should go to the multipurpose room, even if they are not getting breakfast.
- All 4-5 grade students should go to the gym, unless they are getting breakfast.
- Please be aware: If a student is dropped off prior to 7:30, they will be asked to go to Kids Clubhouse and parent(s)/guardian(s) will be notified and a fee will be assessed!
- Students will be released from their classrooms at 2:55 to walk to the gym.
- Parents/Guardians, upon entering the building to pick up their child/children, should report to the gym and wait there.
- Students must be picked up by an authorized person of release.
- Students will not be allowed to meet parents in the loop or parking lot, as this is a safety concern.
- Parents/Guardians may sign up to receive a fast pass pick up pass from the office the first week of school.
- Parents/Guardians should send in a note with your child or contact the office if a student is getting picked up on a certain day and that is different from what they usually do.
- Parents/Guardians will be asked to sign your child out in the gym OR use their daily fast pass that they requested to receive.
- If a student needs to leave prior to 2:55, parents/guardians should sign their student out in the office and pick them up from there.
- ‘Grade Level Signs’ will be posted around the gym so parents know where you will be able to find your child.
Walking Home Procedures
Parents are required to send in a note to the school (at the start of the school year) to keep on file giving a student permission to walk home daily.
- Students who are riding the bus will be walked to the buses by the classroom teacher at 3:00.
- Parents/Guardians should send in a note to the child’s teacher if there is a change in how your child is getting home on a given day.